What is it?
Dysport® is commonly used to reduce or eliminate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Anti wrinkle injection treatment is effective and convenient, with no downtime.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT?
When injected into a specific muscle group, it causes a temporary relaxation that softens the wrinkles in the area, thereby giving a more youthful appearance. The skin will also look smoother as the relaxer has an effect on the sweat glands, reducing the bulging caused by them.
The injection will start working within 3 days with the full effect occurring in 12 days. Initially, the results will last 3-4 months, with it lasting longer and longer as more treatments are performed. The trick is not to let the muscle fully recover and re-strengthen before the next dose.
To minimize the risk of bruising, we advise all our clients to avoid the following for several days prior to treatment:
- Green tea
- Fish oil capsules, Vitamin E, Ginko Biloba, St John’s Wart
- Anti-inflammatory / Blood Thinning medications such as Aspirin, Ibuprofen and other NSAIDS are all blood thinning and can increase the risk of bruising/swelling after injections.
The guidelines to follow post treatment have been followed for years, and are still employed today to prevent side effects. These measures should minimize the possibility of eyebrow or eyelid droop to almost zero.
- No straining, heavy lifting, vigorous exercise for 4 hours following treatment. It is now known that it takes the toxin approximately 4 hours to bind itself to the nerve to start its work, and because we do not want to increase circulation to that area to wash away the wrinkle relaxer from where it was injected. This waiting period continues to be recommended by most practitioners.
- Avoid Manipulation of area for 4 hours following treatment. This includes not doing a facial, peel, or micro-dermabrasion after treatment with a wrinkle relaxer. A facial, peel, or micro-dermabrasion can be done in same appointment only if they are done before the injections.
- You are advised not to fall asleep for at least 4 hours after wrinkle relaxer injection.
- It can take 2-12 days to take full effect. It is recommended that the patient contact our clinic no later than 2 weeks after treatment if desired effect was not achieved.
- Makeup can be applied gently before leaving the clinic
HOW MANY TREATMENTS WILL YOU NEED?
Some patients find it beneficial to get treatments every few months or so to keep their appearance consistent. We strongly encourage you to come in for your complimentary consultation to get further assessed.