What is it?
Plasma Treatment (also known as PRP), is the regeneration of skin cells using one’s own blood to reduce the appearance of aging and wrinkles. It is a new approach appealing to patients seeking a more natural method to facial rejuvenation and it is a safe and tolerable procedure.
WHY IT WORKS?
Platelets are blood cells that initiate clotting when a blood vessel has been damaged preventing further blood loss. It has now been found that platelets trigger the repair process of the vessel by secreting cell signalling and growth factors. By injecting platelets into the skin we are taking advantage of these properties and therefore regenerating skin cells which help reduce the appearance of aging.
ADVANTAGES OF PRP THERAPY
- Tissue regeneration and rejuvenation, helps with acne scars and blemishes
- Safe: non-allergenic and free from concerns over transmissible diseases such as HIV, Hepatitis B & C
- Faster healing: no fibrosis formation compared to some long term synthetic fillers, for example
PRP CAN BE USED FOR
- Skin rejuvenation: Fine wrinkles, fine skin under eyes.
- Improvement in skin texture and tone
- Reversal of photo and chrono-aging
WHAT TO EXPECT?
You can expect slight swelling at the injection sight for several days. A warm feeling may be experienced for 24 – 48 hours.
HOW MANY TREATMENTS WILL YOU NEED?
Sessions are done a month apart. You can have additional treatments if desired. Maintenance sessions are required after a year in order to maintain results.
We strongly encourage you to come in for your complimentary consultation to get further assessed.